While we haven’t seen any snow yet, New England is known for having unpredictable weather! So, while we might be having sunny days now, that doesn’t mean we won’t be hit with a snowstorm tomorrow. With the snow season approaching, synthetic turf owners are going to need to remove snow from their fields to continue to use them. Here are some things to consider when it comes time to remove snow from your turf.
- Call your turf installer to make sure that when you remove the snow, it won’t affect the warranty. You can also see if they’ll suggest the best method for you.
- Be mindful that when you begin to remove the snow, there is a chance that you could damage your turf if you don’t know the proper technique.
- Check your drains for debris to ensure the melted snow and ice can make its way from the turf through them.
- Use a powered snow blower on a small tractor as you begin removing snow. You’ll want to make sure it has snow tires as well.
- Whenever you use any kind of mechanical device for snow removal, it’s important to make sure it’s set correctly so you avoid ripping up the field.
The best way to ensure you properly remove snow from your synthetic turf is to hire a professional. Turf Prep is happy to offer their snow removal services to turf fields, yards, etc. throughout New England. If you’d like to learn more about our turf snow removal services, contact us today! We can be reached by filling out our online contact form or by calling 1-877-774-TURF.