Playgrounds can be a little rough and tumble, and injuries from falls can be common. As children run and play, they may not pay as much attention to their surroundings or where the other children may be running. Severe and unpredictable weather can also leave your playground a little battered, particularly the coating underneath. Wood chips and gravel can be blown or kicked away and can lead to bumps, scrapes, and splinters. Adding synthetic turf below your playground provides a safe, low-maintenance surface for your child to play on, providing a cushion for falls and accidental collisions.
Benefits of Synthetic Turf on Playgrounds
- Synthetic grass at a playground offers a safer atmosphere for children to play at. It’s much safer than sand or wood chips that you usually find at a playground. Synthetic grass is easier to maintain since it won’t move around like sand or wood chips.
- This surface also makes it more accessible for children or adults in wheelchairs.
- Synthetic grass is more appealing and provides a more natural look to playgrounds at parks, schools or daycare centers.
- Parents will find that their children will come home cleaner since there is no sand, dirt or other loose materials to get into clothes.
- The shock absorbency layer of synthetic turf will reduce the risk of injury if your child falls. The rubber infill will prevent cuts and scrapes you would see from gravel and wood chips, as well as preventing the risk of infection from dirt getting into open cuts.
Commercial Playground Turf Installation in New England
If you are interested in installing synthetic turf in your facility’s playground, contact Turf Prep today! We proudly install synthetic turf across New England, making outdoor areas safer for rough-and-tumble play. To request a free estimate for your local playground, call Turf Prep today at 1-877-774-TURF or fill out our online contact form!